RE: DYNAMIC TEXT to work with ASP.NET CODE

Hello.

I downloaded a Kirupa .fla source file that covered dynamic text. I am trying to get it to work with asp.net code.

I am modifying the file so that it works with a .ascx or .ascx.vb file (I actually do not know which one to use, I believe it is the .ascx.vb code because the .ascx seems to be an include control file that calls the .ascx.vb code and diplay in the page where ever the class code is placed into any asp.net file).

I am trying to use the id or lbl id from the .ascx or .ascx.vb file to display into the Flash Dynamic text boxes in the .fla file. but it does not work.

Here is the .fla file I am working with:
loadText = new LoadVars();
loadText.load("/DVDEV/BVModules/Controls/CartTotals.ascx.vb");
loadText.onLoad = function() {
lblItemCount.Text = this.lblItemCount;
lblSubTotal.Text = this.lblSubTotal;
};

Here is the CartTotals.ascx file code:
<%@ Control Language=“VB” AutoEventWireup=“false” CodeFile=“CartTotals.ascx.vb” Inherits=“BVModules_Controls_CartTotals” %>
<%@ Register Assembly=“Anthem” Namespace=“Anthem” TagPrefix=“anthem” %>
<div id=“carttotals” runat=“server”><span id=“items”><anthem:Label runat=“server” ID=“lblItemCount” AutoUpdateAfterCallBack=“true”>1 Product</anthem:Label></span> <span id=“subtotal”><anthem:Label runat=“server” ID=“lblSubTotal” AutoUpdateAfterCallBack=“true”></anthem:Label></span></div>

Here is the CartTotals.ascx.vb file code:
Imports BVSoftware.Bvc5.Core
Partial Class BVModules_Controls_CartTotals
Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl
Protected Sub Page_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.PreRender
If SessionManager.CurrentCartID = String.Empty Then
lblItemCount.Text = 0 & " " & Content.SiteTerms.GetTerm(“Products”)
lblSubTotal.Text = String.Format("{0:c}", 0)
Else
If SessionManager.CurrentShoppingCart.TotalQuantity > 1 Then
lblItemCount.Text = SessionManager.CurrentShoppingCart.TotalQuantity.T oString(“0”) & " " & Content.SiteTerms.GetTerm(“Products”)
Else
lblItemCount.Text = SessionManager.CurrentShoppingCart.TotalQuantity.T oString(“0”) & " " & Content.SiteTerms.GetTerm(“Product”)
End If
lblSubTotal.Text = String.Format("{0:c}", SessionManager.CurrentShoppingCart.SubTotal)
End If
End Sub
End Class

Can someone please help or if you encountered an similiar problem, Let me know what I should do, or if I should post this on an asp.net forum instead?

Thank you,
Dan:ear:

here is a screenshot of what I am trying to do: