Redirection (special case)

I have a movie (“chazintro.swf”), with an invisible button over the top, linking to the next page, a movie on the stage with the instance “typer” and a movie off the edge of the stage with instance “control” which contains the following code:

onClipEvent (load) {
loadMovie (“chazintrotext.swf”, “_parent.typer”);
}

The general idea is that I’m loading up a text animation effect onto the stage. All this appears to work fine.

What I am trying to then do, is add a little more coding that makes the browser move onto the next page once the movie has finished playing. I have no idea how this is done. I’m a bit of a flash newb so any help at all would be appreciated. (If possible, a 2-3 second delay before the redirect would be even more useful)

Thank you in advance for any help you may give,
Chaz

Easiest way I think you would do it is make 10 blank frames at the end of the movie, and on the last frame place a goto script.

3 second delay is 36 frames if you’re doing 12 frames per second.

On the last frame getURL();

Why does it seem so simple when you guys just tell me what to do? :-\

One little question, does the movie I’m loading into the frame play entirely within that frame? Cause if it doesnt, then 36 frames later, I think the movie would still be playing. I will have a little play about with what you have told me. Thank you for your help. I will reply to say if I was successful =)

Chaz