Regarding nesting

Ok, here goes. It seems that every time I run into a problem in Flash it is because I have taken something out of the main timeline, put it into a mc and then placed it on the timeline again. I am pretty new to flash, but I sort of came to the conclusion that this is what causes my constant sorrows :worried:

Ex. I followed the Kirupa guestbook tutorial, but wanted to use the UltimateScroller component. To do this I took the guestbook textfield and put it into a MC, dragged this new MC to the main timeline and added the scroller.
Now the textfield isn’t showing the data anymore.

I came to the conclusion that this has to do with the paths now not pointing in the right direction.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue and is there a general way of doing it?

All help is higly appreciated!

Best regards,
marsa.