Rotating arm on a clock

I donā€™t understand :lol:
Iā€™m French, you know, so either you wait for an English speaking person to answer, or you explain very calmly everything you want in that animation, because I really donā€™t understandā€¦

I know now how you feel Jubba.
pom 0]

Iā€™ll try to give you something. But I need to finish my Anthropology paper so check back in a couple hours.

a tick-tock clock with the hands present (not a digital, hee,hee) ā€¦ the big hand stays stationary, however when she clicks on say, 1:00 it lights up and says ā€œone oā€™clockā€ ā€¦ as I have it now, there is no small hand that shows up, showing what ā€˜1:00ā€™ REALLY looks like on a clockā€¦ (now Iā€™m confusing myselfā€¦) if that SMALL hand were to rotate around the clock (following her mouse) as she moves her mouse around the numbers that would be greatā€¦ if the easiest way for the SMALL hand to show up is place it in the button - say the 1:00 button - so that when she clicks on it - it says ā€œone oclockā€ and the small hand shows up as wellā€¦ then that would be great tooā€¦ sighā€¦ if this didnā€™t explain itā€¦ then Iā€™ll just make her a digital clockā€¦ :slight_smile:

:lol:
Iā€™ll see what I can do tomorrow, but the clock expert here is Jubby boy, also know as the Crazy Anthropologist.
pom 0]

thanks Jubbaā€¦ Iā€™ll wait

OK i have something. But I canā€™t finish it until tomorrow nite, or Wednesday at the latest. Can you wait a couple of days? How soon do you need it? I have the hand so that it is completely moveableā€¦ check it outā€¦

<embed src=ā€œhttp://www.angelfire.com/dc/vidgame/tutorials/MoveableHands.swfā€ height=250 width=250></embed>

let me know. I can make it so that the numbers will highlight when the hands get near them. I just need a few days.

oh yeah, and let me know if thats what you wanted :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

oh yeah, iā€™m a little dense. Not to scare you but this does involve quite a bit of actionscript, I can guide you through it every step iā€™m just warning you. Some things that seem simple in flash, arenā€™t that simple once you try to do them. But like i said, I can help you, and I can set everything up, so just let me know, but I have to go back to my paper, and I want to know if you want it before i put anymore effort into it.

wow! thanksā€¦ stay working on your paperā€¦ I donā€™t need it for a few daysā€¦ I already have the clock, the numbers, sounds attached to those numbersā€¦ those I donā€™t want to change because I already recorded my daughterā€™s voice saying each of the timesā€¦ itā€™s a funny/happy little clockā€¦ the numbers highlight when you move the mouse over them, then they expand to include the #:00 part of it as well as her voiceā€¦

I appreciate what you are saying about the intense action scriptā€¦ I asked my teacher and he said "ohā€¦ all you have to do is apply a rotation to the center coordinateā€¦ blah, blahā€¦ and then he kinda faded offā€¦ I donā€™t think he really knewā€¦ he didnā€™t know how to make the eyes follow the mouse eitherā€¦ :frowning:

sorry to be so long.

Actually, when I first viewed your demo up aboveā€¦ I had to click and drag the arm aroundā€¦ the next time, it just simply followed my mouseā€¦ THATā€™S IT!!! YAY!!!

No need to work any furtherā€¦ thatā€™s it!!!

Thanks

ok iā€™ll give ya the code and everything when i get a chance, and Iā€™ll tell ya how to use it. One question:

Do you want to have to click on the hand, or do you want it to just start moving when the hand goes over it?

and the reason it stayed dragging even after you let go of the mouse was because you took the mouse outside the stage area. I think I should change the background so you can see where it endsā€¦iā€™ll update it in a few. Iā€™m almost done with my paper!

I would love to have it just move without having to click on itā€¦ however, there are a few more items on this page and it may be more of a distraction if it continuously moved while she was on another subjectā€¦

So the one where she would have to click on it to activate the armā€¦

can this concept apply to the eyeballs of the clockā€¦ am I asking too much? :slight_smile:

what exactly do you want the eye balls to do? do you want them to follow the mouse all over the stage? or are the confined to some area? if they are confined to some area yes i can show you how to do that, and if they are all over hte stage I can do that tooā€¦just let me know what you wantā€¦

Iā€™m assuming you just want the eyes to look at the mouse right?

Oh yeah, and Pom, I made the thing up there first, and then I took a good look at your code for the lever thing, and its almost exactly the same. I was excited that I coded something that was almost like yours!

shouldnā€™t you be working on your paper? Anywayz, I just want the eyes to follow the mouseā€¦ I did a tutorial at www.virtual-fx.net/tutoriā€¦emove.html ā€¦ it kinda worked if the clock didnā€™t have to look to itā€™s rightā€¦ and most importantly, about 10 out of 15 of my items no longer worked after I put in the new eyeball codeā€¦ Iā€™ve tried it 3 times nowā€¦

thank you ā€¦ thank you ā€¦ thank youā€¦

Hi Jubba!

ā€¦ when you said, ā€œDo you want to have to click on the hand, or do you want it to just start moving when the hand goes over it?ā€, I donā€™t want to click on the hand AND DRAG IT around the clock (like above)ā€¦ so I guess having it start moving when the hand goes over it would be betterā€¦ eh?

thanks

well i can make it so that when you click on the hand it will start to move, and then you can even let go of the mouse button and it will still follow the mouse

that would be perfectā€¦ youā€™re great! :slight_smile:

I should have it done tonight, but if not then definately done tomorrow night, there is still a few things i have to work out. But Iā€™m getting the eyes done as well, and you should be all set.

<embed src=ā€œhttp://www.angelfire.com/dc/vidgame/tutorials/MoveableHands.swfā€ height=250 width=250></embed>

there is the hand. Now, I made it so that it drags when you click it and you can let go of the mouse button, but I also made it so that if you click and let go again it will stop draggin. You can edit this code so that you have to click 3 times or more in order to get it to stop Dragging, but I figured that if you are going to be teaching time with this then you might want to be able to stop the draggin at some point.

<embed src=ā€œhttp://www.angelfire.com/dc/vidgame/tutorials/DragEyes.swfā€ height=270 width=330></embed>

and that is the eyesā€¦you want something like that right? let me know, and give me your e-mail address or e-mail me if you want it kept private. [email protected]

I will send you the codes and give you instructions.

Wow, thatā€™s so beautiful, Jubby boyā€¦

pom 0]

Hey Jubbaā€¦

I just wanted to say thank you SO much for the infoā€¦ those eyes are perfectā€¦ the arm on the clock, is greatā€¦ Iā€™m going to continue to try and figure out the other half - why it doesnā€™t rotate all the way aroundā€¦ thank you - thank you - thank youā€¦

:slight_smile:

i hope you figure it out. Its just something minor that you are missing Iā€™m sure of it. Iā€™m having computer troubles (its about to get thrown outt he window) so I am unable to actually provide any real help. So good luck and when I get my computer back I will try to help you.