Running "unavailable" script

In frame 2 I have a several graphic-instances and a script looking at my mouse position, doing stuff accordingly:\rif (_xmouse>0 && _xmouse<220 && _ymouse>0 && _ymouse<40) { gotoAndPlay (3); }\relse if (_xmouse>0 && _xmouse<220 && _ymouse>41 && _ymouse<80) { gotoAndPlay (25); }\relse { gotoAndPlay (_currentframe-1); }\rin frame 13 I have the following script:\r_root.lvl2_TC.gotoAndPlay(1);\rThe thing is that if my mouse satisfies the second if-sentence and the movie jumps to frame 25, it also plays the script in frame 13!?!? Shouldn’t the movie jump over this frame?\r\rAchnor

Debugger : put a controller clip (empty) in a new layer so that it’s there on every frame (F5) with the code

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {\r\r    trace (_root._currentFrame);\r\r}

You’ll be able to see which frame you’re currently playing.\r\rpom 0]

Very good suggestion but I can’t get it to work. I’m getting a debug message like :" Clip events are permitted only for movie clip instances"\rNow, I made a movie, placed an instaqnce on a new layer, inserted the actionscript and F5’d all the way to the end…\rI guess I missed something. Care to explain it again?\r\rThanks\r\rAchnor

I think that you need to put the code in the movie clip Actions panel. Maybe you’re putting it in a frame, or a button… But that error comes from the fact that you didn’t put it in a movie clip.\r\rpom 0]

Hmm…well, it worked now and I saw the frame-indicator jump as it should do. I’m to tired now, will look into it again tomorrow. Thanks for your help!\r\rAchnor

Ok. I’ve looked at it again. The movie jumps to the correct frames but still it runs whatever is in between those jumps. I have a feeling there is something fundamental and simple I haven’t understood yet about movieclips. Can you perhaps look at my file? I know I’m asking a lot but I can’t figure it out myself :frowning: \r\rDrop me a line at [email protected] if you can help me and I’ll send you the file (it is 24k zip’ed)\r\rThanks\r\rAchnor

I sent you my mail. [email protected]

OK, I got it. I’ll see what I can do in 1 hour.\rpom 0]