Screen scroll

Hi,

I have made a game where the stage is twice as long and high as the default. When I publish it as an HTML, it doesn’t fit in the browser window. Is there a way to automatically have the screen scroll as the user-controlled ‘game piece’ gets close to the edge?

Thanks!
Scigolf

There are a couple of different ways. I’ll think about what I can write up to describe them for you. I take it you’re pretty good with script if you’ve got a game made. How long have you been scripting a/s?.. just so I know how much I have to describe.

Hi,

I’ve been scripting for about 4 months now. I know that is not long, but I took a couple of classes, read a couple of books, and have been working with Flash a lot in my spare time.

Scigolf

Well… you could have the screen completely centered around the character… which is a little easier to accomplish, but a little less like the old nintendo style games. I’m still trying to figure out how to have the screen only move when you approach an edge.

Either way, the effect will rely upon placing basicaly everything inside a movie clip, then moving that movie clip based upon the character movement.

There is a friends of ed book called Flash Game design, which is really very good for this kind of thing, but I’ve lent it out so I’m stuck trying to think it out myself. :slight_smile:

Hi,

OK…thanks. If you figure it out, (about the edge thing) please let me know!

Scigolf