**** Scrollbar!

Someone please help. I have one dynamic text box and 5 buttons. Each button loads in a new text file into the dynamic box. My only problem being is that when you load a text file that is longer than the box and scroll down using some funky scroll arrows I’ve made - then you click a button and load the new text file, the **** thing remains scrolled at the same position instead of starting at the top like it really should.

Anyone got any ideas? Please help.

Hey, long time no er… posts. Er. Yeah.

Think I’ve got an example program that does this somewhere. I’ll try and find it for you, see what the code is.

Hey there trouble! Good to hear from you again. Hows things? Sorry I haven’t emailed, just been upto my eyeballs in work (but whats new). Yeah **** pesky scrollbars! I’d love you forever if you could help me out.

I’ll see what I can do for ya. :slight_smile:

Know what you mean about work though - I’ve been stuck making adverts and popups. Having spent ages trying to convince Marketing that no-one looks at the d@mn things, they decide that the sensible option would be to make a whole shedload of them. Argh!

Yeah I hate those marketing types because they think they know everything. Doesn’t matter how catchy the design on a popup window is, people just find the things annoying. Only brand new internet users look at them, and still it takes em about 10 seconds before they’re sick to the back teeth of the things.

Anyway I’m ranting and raving! What have you been upto lately? I went to see Red Dragon last week. Man I tell ya, hannibal lecter is the greatest character ever made!

Haven’t seen that one yet, got the other two on DVD though. Bought Ocean’s Eleven on Monday - now that’s a good film. Nothing at all to do with George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon in suits. Uh-uh, no way. :slight_smile:

Otherwise it’s work, work, work. Oh and watching my beloved Gillingham lose at football week in week out…

Oh dear… Marketing people heading my way.

Marketing people? Where?!
Kill them my dear! Kill them all!

And dont forget to eat their livers…with some Faver Beans and a nice Chianti.

Brad Pitt, Matt Daimon and George Clooney in suits? Oh my. Bet you had to turn away. Yeah right! You’re terrible! Saying that its like me with Rachael Leigh Cook and Alyson Hannigan. We all have our eye candy don’t we?!

Yeah got Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal on vid, cant wait til Red Dragon gets in the shops. Got all the soundtracks too. What can I say, I’m a fanatic - either that or mentall unstable as my mates say. Either way you gotta laugh.

In conclusion…
Designers rock! Marketing people are evil!

‘Eye candy’. What a wonderful expression that is. :slight_smile:

I have reached the conclusion that Maketing are all a bit bonkers. I tried explaining the simple concept of ‘file too big = problem’, but they didn’t quite get it. In fact they seemed to think everything was coming along marvellously, and say that the deadline has been shortened to Monday.

Barmy, the lot of them.

Which is why I chose not to eat them. I don’t know if Mad Marketing Disease is transmitted that way, but we all learned a lesson from the cow thing.

The most visually sickening yet strangley comical for so many reasons… I would recommend you use an axe. A hatchet works best because a big fire axe is rather cumbersome to use - and does seem a bit cartoonified. A hatchet. Yeah. Use that on them.