Setting up a concentration game

I want to create a concentration game for my site, the game where u pick two cards and if they’re alike you get a point or whatever. well i was wondering how could i make this? i want the players to be able to see how many matches they got and also for the matches to stay flipped if they are the same.

i got n0 clue…but i also wanna know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m currently working on it, along with that bloody mailing script, and actually it is not very very difficult, technically. The problem is that you have to manipulate dozens of variables that check which card you flipped, if it’s the same as the first one, bla bla bla.
My approach of the game :
I created several cards (MC with buttons inside). When you click it, the image on it appears, and I send to the main timeline the numbre of the card, the name of the drawing on it, and that it’s now time to pick a second card.
You do the same with the second card and you check if the drawing is the same. If so, the cards remain uncovered, otherwise they are flipped back and I go back to the start of the main timeline.
If I ever get somewhere, I’ll let you know.

pom

OK, there’s the beta 0.000001 version of that game. Of course, it’s ugly, of course, it’s easy (yeah, with two cards, you can’t really make mistakes), but if it’s a small step for mankind, it sure is a huge step for me. Just wanted you to know that I was eventually getting somewhere. The link’s here :
www.multimania.com/ilyasl…/jeu2.html

pom

I finished it !!! Not really actually, but now it’s just a piece of cake to make it better. Here’s the link :

www.multimania.com/ilyasl…/jeu3.html

Please tell me what you think about it.

pom

Nice!!!

What if you want a button that resets and randomizes the cards to play again, so it will not have the same setup?

Just thought I would add this to the wish list.

Matt

Welll, actually, I thought about that, but I’m not too good with randow motions. But I’ll give it a try. I’d appreciate if you tried it too.

pom