Shortcut to Multiple Changes

<ul>gm</ul>
<ul>chrysler</ul>
<ul>ford</ul>
 <ul>tesla</ul>

In a situation like this, if you find yourself having to change all the ul’s to li’s, is there a shortcut to this change?

The equivalent of Find and Replace in any code or text editor will allow you to go from ul to li easily. Here is that command in VS Code :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip but this seemingly simple request is really tough to implement. Look at this mess of a screen that comes up when I try to stumble through the process -

I can’t make heads or tails of it - there must be a simpler way!
Going back to this very basic example -

<ul>gm</ul>

<ul>chrysler</ul>

<ul>ford</ul>

<ul>tesla</ul>

I assume that the Find in Files - Replace in Files gives you the means to replace - all of the ul’s in one step if that is what you want or just replace specific ones if that is your aim, but I’ll be darned if I can figure it out.

If you have what you want to replace in a group like that, all in the same document, an easy thing to do is to select the first instance of it, then use CTRL+D (CMD+D on mac) to select each of the following instances. Once you have what you want to replace selected, start typing the replacement text and each of the selected groups will get replaced with what you type.

Much, much better! I love the simplicity of this approach. For my needs, at this stage in my progress, this is the way to go. Thanks !

1 Like

It’s probably the keyboard shortcut I use the most :grin:

1 Like