Shortest path...Pathfinder...in a big map. Please help

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hi there…[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I am currently working on a quite big map and trying to provide the “shortest path” service between two points. :stare:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]From what I saw, this is possible with a small map since it has to calculate ALL possible paths and then choose the shortest one (Am I right?). :crying:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Could anyone give me any idea or suggestion on how to provide that same service for my map? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]How to deal with a big map?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Thanks.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Cheers.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Leo.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Actually I’m in the process of writing tutorials on path finding, the first of which you can find here. I have actually finished the second tutorial but the code messes around with the html tags, but it’ll be up soon.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thank you guys for your replies… Very important for me![/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]Blesh[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]So I would have to calculate every single possibility of shortest path? I have 100 hotels, more than 500 streets and other 75 restaurants…[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I have to calculate every single combination for those ones?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]Souled[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thanks for the tutorials! PLEASE let me know when they are done so I can check them out and see if I can offer that service on my map.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thanks again guys![/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Take care![/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Leo.[/FONT][/COLOR]