Should I apply to MIT?

Doesn’t MIT want an interview???

Oh yes, and do colleges care if you do poorly as a freshman but clean up your act later, or do they just look at the flat numbers. I got a 2.9 unweighted as a freshman, but now I have a 3.9 unweighted GPA

Also there’s a thing of how many colleges I send my SAT scores to.

Basically the weighted GPA system is something like this:

A in a basic class is a 4.0
A in an honors class is a 4.5
A in an AP class is a 5 (AP classes are classes which have college level tests administered by the college board)

I heard one story of a girl having a 5.0 GPA as a senior, but its extoardinarily rare.

Try to get into MIT theres nothing to lose but the fee and some time. All else fails you saved yourself a ton on college and can go someplace else.

[ot]wow… this thread makes me look dumb, my schools really hard though. Although because I’m also looking at colleges I’ve found that in the states a 3.5 will automatically get one into most universities. To bad I’m lazy and live 2 min from a college and I’m going there for my first 2 years.[/ot]

A 3.5 unweighted will get you into most schools. Community Colleges will accept anyone, with any GPA. But there are some schools that demand a pretty close to 4.0

MIT is one of the most selective schools in the nation

[QUOTE=indiasfinest;1985549]harish, your a freshmen? wow im surprised.[/QUOTE]

Why’s that so suprising?

idk, i’ve just thought that u were an adult ever since i joined