I’m not sure how to word this into a question, so I’ll state my problem. I’m trying to code a platformer with Metroid style “rooms”. That is, the character only has to travel a short distance before going to the next room, and can explore the world freely. My initial idea was to have each “room” in a different scene, and then gotoAndPlay the next room when the character crosses the boundary. However, there are two problems with this solution: The movie played through the scenes constantly, and I’ve heard of bugs with actionscripted scenes.
The other option if to have each room in a frame, but again, how to stop it from playing though all the levels? I could use a stop(); command, but wouldn’t that also stop some of my frame reliant code?
If anyone has any solutions, or if anyone needs clarification, please respond.
Edit: Forgot to mention it’s for flash 8…
Edit2: Ok, for a question I have : can you make one frame loop over and over, without having two frames and juggling between them? Keep in mind there will be many frames, each representing a room.