Size of the Stage of an externally loaded Movie

Hi again. I’m loading an external swf into what I guess could be described as my custom viewer. I have set up a main flash file with links, menus etc and in the viewing area I dynamically load swfs depending on the choices the user makes. The viewing area is obviously a certain size and i set up a method to reduce the x and y scale of the clip until both width and height are below or equal to the size of the viewing area (this is due to unknown size of clip being loaded in). However using loadedMC._width doesn’t give me the width of the stage of the SWF that I am loading, instead it gives me something different which i assume is the collective width of the items on the stage not actually the size the swf was originally set too…

any ideas?

Also on a slightly different problem. I understand there is no way to monitor a download of an swf… i.e. perform some actions when a loadMovie command has reached its completion (like with xml onLoad functions). The closest ive got is setting up an onEnterFrame in the parent clip which checks if the loadMovie Area bytesLoaded and bytesTotal match up and is above zero… is there a better way of doing this in MX? it doesnt seem to work for online swfs anyway…

any help greatly appreciated