Sliding menu actionscript

i need to know how to make that effect on barneys.com website where when the sliding menu gets to a point it loads a movieclip and a movie starts… \r\ri have so far for the sliding menu…\r\rbuttons : on (release)\r _root.menu.Xpos = 0\r\ron (release)\r _root.menu.Xpos = -600\r\ron (release)\r _root.menu.Xpos = -1200\r\ri want my menu to load a telltarget (mc)\rlike this but it wont work…\r\ron (release)\r _root.menu.Xpos = -600\r telltaget(mc)\r gotoandplay (2);\r\rplease help if anyone knows how to do this thank you…\rfellow flashers… you guys always come in handy…again if you don’t know what i am taking about look at the barneys.com website…

Well, if you got the sliding menu working (if you don’t, there’s a tutorial on this site…), it’s pretty simple. Just be careful with the path. I don’t know how you arranged your movie, so I can’t precisely help you, but try to

tellTarget(_root.sliding_movieclip.name_of_the_movieclip) {gotoAndPlay(2) ;}

pom 0]

sorry man didn’t work i \r\ri have a movieclip named (menu)\r\ron the menu movieclip is this code\r\ronClipEvent (enterFrame) { \r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Xsquare = _root.menu._x;\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Xdiff = Xpos-Xsquare;\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Xmove = Xdiff/10;\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp _root.menu._x = Xsquare+Xmove;\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp updateAfterEvent(enterFrame);\r}\r\rand on the buttons i have 3 of them is…\r\ron (release) {\r_root.menu.Xpos=0\r}\r\ron (release) {\r_root.menu.Xpos=-600\r}\r\ron (release) {\r_root.menu.Xpos=-1200\r}\r\rthe effect i need is like the barneys.com thanks for your help … fellow flasher…

Did you check <a href=http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/slidingmenu.asp>that</a> ? And what is not working exactly ?? Can you post your fla or something ??\rpom 0]

updateAfterEvent(enterFrame);\rthis doesn’t exist, the update doesn’t take parameters and works only with clip events\r\rdid you try to hardwire some values and see if it works (like just change the menu._x when you click a button) and build up the script from there?.

here is where i got the fla. file for the sliding menu it is number 8 on there website… if any on can figure it out that would be very cool… \r\rwww.onclipevent.com/navne…lugin.htm#\r\rhere is the link thanks fellow flasher i can always count on you guys…

but i couldn’t find it?! no numbered links, and the 8th is shift.jp, no fal there? the name of the link?

OK, so that movie works perfectly. What do you want to do exactly ??? What do you want to reproduce from Barney.com ? The mask thinggy ?\r\rpom 0]

i want when the movie slides to a point in the movie say -600 then i want it to start a movieclip called (mc) thats all… can anyone help me with this if you look at the barneys.com site you will see what effect i am looking for… if you go to the link i gave and look at the left there are numbers and for each number you click on you can download different movies he has made there one that is the sliding menu is number 8… thanks fellow flashers…

if(_root.myMovie._y == -600){\r_root.mc.play();\r}\r\r:) \rjeremy

Yeah, just be careful to write the right path.\rpom 0]

thanks guys i will try it out… i can always count on the fellow flasher to be there…

its not working i but this in the button and it did not work\r\ron (release) {\r _root.menu.Xpos = -600;\r if (_root.menu._y == -600) {\r tellTarget (_root.mc) {\r gotoAndPlay(2);\r }\r }\r}\ri also tryed this\r\ron (release) {\r _root.menu.Xpos = -600;\r if (_root.menu._x == -600) {\r tellTarget (_root.mc) {\r gotoAndPlay(2);\r }\r }\r}\ri put the x instead of the y but still nothing…\rcan someone help me out please…

Send me the fla. [email protected]\rpom 0]

Well, there’s no movie to play in your fla. at least I don’t see any.\r\rpom 0]

i would like to thank pom for helping me with my problem i sent him the file and he hooked me up… he got it working and know i am a happy man … thanks again pom your the best…