Smooth roll-over/out buttons combined with loading external swf's with transitions

Hey,

I’m new on this forum. I allready tried to find an answer in the existing threads, but I couldn’t find it. A couple of days ago I tried the tutorial on making transitions between external swf’s (http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/transitions.htm). Everything worked fine at first when I used normal button movie clips. But when I tried to make it work with smooth roll-over / roll-out buttons, it didn’t work any longer. :m: .

These ‘smooth’ buttons are movieclips in which an animation plays at rollover, stops, and reverses the animation on rollout. These actions are assigned to a hitarea-button (transparent button in the smoothbutton movieclip). In the main timeline, the external swf’s are supposed to load in an ‘container’-movieclip.

The tutorial on the trasitions refers to the forum when help is needed, so here goes :elderly: :
Does someone know what I’m doing wrong? I know it must have something to do with the action script I assign to the hitarea in the smooth-button-movieclips. The AS-code I use on this hitarea is:

on (rollOver, dragOver) {
play();
controller.gotoAndStop(1);

}
on (rollOut, dragOut) {
controller.gotoAndPlay(2);
}

I tried to just paste the following after the roll-over / roll-out AS code

on (release) {
if (_root.currMovie == undefined) {
_root.currMovie = “main”;
container.loadMovie(“main.swf”);
} else if (_root.currMovie != “main”) {
if (container._currentframe >= container.midframe) {
_root.currMovie = “main”;
container.play();
}
}
}

But like I wrote before, it works just fine when I use the code on normal button-movieclips, but not with the roll-on-rollout movieclips.

Please excuse me if my English is not flawless, it’s not my first language.

Thanx a lot!

PS. I posted this thread under ‘flash MX or older’, because the transition tutorial was made for ‘flash MX or older’ users.