Some question

now i’m working at “preload” (Scene label), i put some action scripts to this preloader. if loading completes, it will goto and play frame4 (in this “preload” scene). In that frame(there’s stop() action in it), i have one draggable movie clip that has one button nested in. if anyone drags this MC to the specific area, this will goto and play “Scene 1”. So, i give the button some scripts. the following is that script.
on (press) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp startDrag ("_root.edrag");
}
on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp if (hitTest(_root.earea)) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp this._x = _root.earea._x;
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp this._y = _root.earea._y;
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndPlay (“Scene 1”, 1);
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp }
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp stopDrag ();
}
but when hittest is true, it stops and doesn’t go to Scene1 .
anybody can tell me why? don’t forget that i’m the beginner.
thanks in advance

maybe _root.gotoAndPlay(“Scene1”, 1)

umm…it doesn’t work. and i just noticed something in Bandwidth Profiler, i tested movie by press ctrl+enter …
when loading completed and i dragged the MC to the specific area, it should jump to the first frame of “Scene 1” but the playhead stopped at frame 4 ( of the “preload” of my movie). At that time,i noticed that next to the frame 4 in Bandwidth Profiler is the place that i want the playhead go (frame1 of Scene 1) but it say “frame 5” !! why? and what should i do next becuz i followed your advices but it didn’t work?

Get rid of scenes and frame numbers, only ever use LABELS !!
It says frame 5 coz Flash doesn’t care how many scenes you got, it just considers their order (in the scene panel, top to bottom) and numbers ALL the frames of the entire fla continuously from 1 to X (last frame of last scene).
Put a label in the desired frame and gotoAndPlay (“labelname”)!

thank you very much.