Sound Loops

Hey, I’m new to this forum and I have 2 questions

Here’s the scenario: I want a song to play on my website, but the thing is that it takes up to much space, so what I decided to do was to cut it in 2, so I have an intro to the song, and then a continous loop that follows.

What must I do so that the intro plays, and then right after its finished the loop comes in?

Is this possible?

Other q:
Is there actionscript code that will display how many seconds ellapsed in a sound file, for example in my music player on the site

Thanks

GustO

Yep… sure is…

use the new sound() constructor so you can create a sound object. The sound object has several methods/properties…

You should read up a little on this… here’s something to ponder.

traLaLa = new Sound();
traLaLa.attachSound(“mySound”);
traLaLa.onSoundComplete = function() {
trace(“this sound is done playing”);
}
traLaLa.start();

Pretty cool, huh?

In addition, I have some samples of the duration and position methods of the sound object in a tutorial at:

http://www.kennybellew.com

That may be helpful as well.

Thanks a lot!

*Originally posted by kennyb *
**In addition, I have some samples of the duration and position methods of the sound object in a tutorial at:

http://www.kennybellew.com

That may be helpful as well. **

Excellent tut, thanks!

While we’re on the subject of sound, how do I get rid of the “lead-in” and “lead-out” on mp3’s? This is not a problem unless the sound bite is played in a loop. I’ve been using CoolEdit 2000 to delete the pauses and when the sound file is played back in CE2K, it’s exactly what I want. However, when CE2K saves the file, it puts them right back in. Very frustrating! I may be overlooking some setting in CE2K, I don’t know.

Another thing, this only occurs when using the Sound object. Placing the sound file in another mc allows you to edit the sound, removing the lead-in/out, thereby elminating the problem. However, I would rather using the Sound object because it offers much more control, as your tut clearly demonstrates.

TIA

One more thing: do any of you possibly know how to make a simple db bar, that goes up and down depending on the volume?

Thx