SWF file launching pop-up window

I am putting a web site on a CD, using the Flash projector. I have used the tutorial for the Centered Pop-Up Window. Works great! Now I’m having a hard time making it work from the CD. I have searched but haven’t found this similar problem.

All html files, images are in folders on the CD (Portlgpages) folder. The code for the window is:

on (release) {
//customize the window that gets opened
// 0 equals NO.
// 1 equals YES.
address = “http://www.eddygraphicdesign.com/Portlgpages/ill_08.html”;
target_winName = “popup_08”;
width = 288;
height = 650;
toolbar = 0;
location = 0;
directories = 0;
status = 0;
menubar = 0;
scrollbars = 1;
resizable = 0;
//sends data back to the function
openWinCentre(address, target_winName, width, height, toolbar, location, directories, status, menubar, scrollbars, resizable);
}

For example, I’ve changed the address to Portlgpages/ill_08.html but it doesn’t work. Any suggestions?

http://www.eddygraphicdesign.com/Portlgpages/ill_08.html
is one of your files ?
If it’s the case in wich folder is the .swf wich launch the popup and the html that has to be in the popup ?

I want my swf file to launch html pages. There are several of them (portfolio images).

The swf file is in a main folder. Also in that folder is a folder called Portlgpages. That is where the html pages are.

It workes if I just use getURL but then I don’t get the specific sized html pages like in the tutorial.

Go to www.eddygraphicdesign.com in the portfolio section to see what I mean. I would like that to take that whole site and make to a CD.

try ‘Portlgpages/ill_08.html’ not " "

Still the same problem. It brings up a blank I.E. page. Then a message saying “Specified Server could not be found” then a smaller i.e. window with the target name on the title bar, nothing inside the window.

I don’t get it. If I clear all that code and just put:

on (release) {
getURL(“Portlgpages/ill_08.html”);
}

it works. But then I’m not getting my specific centered window, size, etc.

It’s strange, mayber you can try at this adress, i made my pop up with it : http://flash-db.com/PopUp/

Perhaps javascript doesn’t work with SWF’s?

try this [AS]on (release) {
getURL (“javascript:NewWindow=window.open(‘Portlgpages/ill_08.html’,‘newWin’,‘width=288,height=650,left=0,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=Yes,status=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No’); NewWindow.focus(); screen_height = window.screen.availHeight; screen_width = window.screen.availWidth; left_point = parseInt(screen_width/2)-(288/2); top_point = parseInt(screen_height/2)-(650/2); setTimeout(‘NewWindow.moveTo(left_point,top_point)’,100); void(0);”);
}{[/AS]

sorry [AS]
on (release) {
getURL
(“javascript:NewWindow=window.open(‘Portlgpages/ill_08.html’,‘newWin’,‘width=288,height=650,left=0,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=Yes,status=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No’); NewWindow.focus(); screen_height = window.screen.availHeight; screen_width = window.screen.availWidth; left_point = parseInt(screen_width/2)-(288/2); top_point = parseInt(screen_height/2)-(650/2); setTimeout(‘NewWindow.moveTo(left_point,top_point)’,100); void(0);”);[/AS]

there’s a problem replace (“about :new Window” by ("javascript:NewWindow=

Sorry but that doesn’t work either. This time it won’t launch anything.

This is the code I used for ma site…really helpful…got this function that passes on the resolution of popups and html links…works fine…it should help ya somehow or the other…

[COLOR=blue]
[FONT=courier new]
<script>
// Code reference http://devlab.swift3d.com

mw=0;
function popup(x,y,filename){

xresnow = x;
yresnow = y;
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac")!=-1 && document.all) {
		xresnow-=0;
		yresnow-=0;
}
xl = (screen.availWidth/2)-(xresnow/2);
tt = (screen.availHeight/2)-(yresnow/2);

if (document.all) mw=window.open(filename,‘New’,‘scrollbars=no,width=’+xresnow+‘,height=’+yresnow+‘,left=’+xl+‘,top=’+tt);
else {
if (parseFloat(navigator.appVersion)<4.75)
mw=window.open(filename,‘New’,‘left=’+xl+‘,top=’+tt+‘,width=’+x+‘,height=’+y+‘,toolbar=0,status=0,location=0’);
else {
mw=window.open(filename,‘New’,‘scrollbars=no,toolbar=0,status=0,location=0’);
setTimeout(“mwFix(”+xl+“,”+tt+“,x,y)”,10);
}
}

document.location=“email.html”;
}
</script>
[/FONT]
[/COLOR]

[EDIT]
Now, to get the thing working in flash, just make a button that links to the name of the function with the arguments…

Just geturl to this:
j a v a s c r i p t : p o p u p ( 7 7 0 , 5 7 0 , ’ p o p u p . h t m l ’ ) ;

That should work I guess…

[/EDIT]

The very first code I posted works great for the web site…except I can’t get it to work for the CD from the SWF file. Even though all html files are there in a folder. I know there’s got to be a way to make it work.

I’m not sure where to apply the above code. Could you be more specific?