Swfaddress google crawler

Hello world,

A few weeks ago I saw that google is now able to crawl through SWF files.

The example posted is somewhat limited and there’s no meta tags based on the link, only the meta tags presented on loading the SWF. Clearly there has to be a post about getting custom meta tags based on each link (for massive applications like adobe video player) but I don’t see any posts about it.

Now what I’ve done is used javascript to check the swfaddress information and return custom meta tags depending on the variables in the url. IE “index.php#/link1” returns

<meta name="description" content="This is my webpage about getting a search engine to read meta tags for links in Flash"/>

Obviously this is probaly not going to work but I thought I’d give it a shot anyways.

Then I started thinking, what if I redirect the page if it’s the first time someone is loading it? So if someone is loading the page I can grab “link1”, redirect back to index.php and post info to dynamically generate the meta tags in the php file.

This is probably crazy talk? Does anyone else have insight into doing something similar?

Google hasn’t really posted any info about the Flash Crawler so I’m just trying anything ATM.

Cheers!