Text Field Glow Help!

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have been working on this text field which will be employed as a search field, and I have used the new glow filter for flash 8 to create a nice glow effect. However, I cannot figure out how to get the glow to work consistently on mouse presses via actionscript.

In other words, what I want to achieve is that when the user clicks inside the text field, it begins to glow and the cursor appears and the user can type their search terms. Once the user is already inside the text field, I want to disable the glow so that it will not respond to multiple mouse clicks. However, if the user clicks outside the text field, I want the glow to reverse and go back to normal and the cursor to disappear.

Take a look at the attached flash files and you will see what I am trying to do. Also, you can look at www.taylormadegolf.com in the lower left corner for an example search bar of the general effect I am trying to achieve.

I have gotten close to this, but have not been successful 1) disabiling the text field once the cursor is inside and 2) getting the glow to reverse and the cursor to disappear on mouse click outside the text field. With respect to item 2, the glow does reverse but it gets back to the original if clicked again it seems to jump right to the glow scene rather than gradually fade in and also the cursor does not disappear.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I am much more concerned about getting the glow to behave properly on the mouse clicks than getting the cursor to behave properly. Thanks so much for the help!