Text, quicktime movie and File size

1. if i use custom font in flash and then convert it to symbol, will people see the same font if they dont have the font in their computer?

2. how to add a quicktime movie in flash? Do i need specific software to do that (regarding the size)

3. this is a question i got from others forum. How big too big the flash file to load. Someone told me that it shouldn’t large than 200k and some people said should be 20-40k. So which one is true (i’m not even sure if they talking about the intro or interface)

thanks

Hello,
Here are the answers to your question:

1. No, the font will still be recognized when you don’t break it up. Flash includes the font character with the animation. That is why it is best not to break up text. Don’t break up text hoping to save file size. Breaking text up greatly increases the file size.

2. All you need to import a QT movie in Flash is a movie and Flash itself. I have a tutorial on it on my site that will guide you through the process of using Quicktime movies with Flash.

3. I always keep my animations on my site down to about 10-15k. Intro animations can be larger, but you should include a Skip button anyway. For regular sites, 40k is a good limit to follow by (non-intro animation).

I hope that helps. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reply back.

Regards,
Kirupa Chinnathambi
[email protected]