The Darkness

WOw. What an awesome band. There music is really cool. But i mean the image. I mean is that lead singer gay or something. But you saw him kissing some one I that clip what’s the name: something somthing christmas. But the fact is the music rocks. And they truely have gituar skills. :red:

they’re glam rock - they’re meant to be camp and elaborate! I love them! the album is awesome! I can’t believe they were only just beaten by Michael Andrews for Christmas No. 1!! I mean, Mad World is a good song, but the Darkness rock! It’s so much more Christmassy!

ChriiiiiiiistMAs Ti-i-ime! Don’t let the beeeeells end! :thumb:

whats that??? is that metal or what? :puzzle:

I mean, Mad World is a good song, but the Darkness rock! It’s so much more Christmassy!

maybe folks this year feel mad world sums up their feelings with the present state of the world.

though i agree the darknes song is pretty funny, and as for mad world i prefer the tears for fears original i think.

erm, okay… but what is the darkness??? is it a rock band?

yeah think late 70s early 80s glam rock p**s take band and on the upside they arent bad musicians either.

the darkness are a rock band and they look like they are stuck in the 70’s. I don’t mind them but c’mon there in their late 20’s early 30’s and go round in lycra. Maybe Rachel Stevens should take a page out of there book…hhhhhmmmmm…Rachel Stevens…

the darkness are a rock band and they look like they are stuck in the 70’s

ermm i think thats deliberate :whistle:

*Originally posted by ave *
**ermm i think thats deliberate :whistle: **

maybe. But maybe not.

It is deliberate. :slight_smile:

They’re heavily inspired by Queen and Freddie Mercury, and the whole glam rock thing. They’re meant to look like that. :slight_smile: And I for one am glad. The last thing we need is another Westlife clone…

*Originally posted by Kitiara *
**It is deliberate. :slight_smile:

They’re heavily inspired by Queen and Freddie Mercury, and the whole glam rock thing. They’re meant to look like that. :slight_smile: And I for one am glad. The last thing we need is another Westlife clone… **

lol

I also like Queen is just got the DVD. At mecery stadio. Awesome.

:slight_smile: I don’t really like them, they are also not popular here in Germany…

I saw them supporting Robbie at Knebworth. I think that really launched them

I hate 'em.

They play them on the radio here CONSTANTLY, his voice annoys the crap out of me, and the style just isn’t my type of music.

c!rYx: You’re lucky :wink:

I think its a sound that grows on you. To be fair they’ve hit the Glam rock market when no-one else is doing new glam rock stuff and Mr Hawkins can hit those high notes

I’m not a fan of glam-rock in general, which is why i’m probably so bitter about them trying to bring it back :hangover:

They were big way before the Robbie Knebworth gig… hence the slot on the Pyramid stage at glastonbury a few months before. I for one have been listening for over a year when they released there first song…