The Prism Amigo!

Because this site runs on a very manual publishing process without any CMS or modern smarts to speak of, a lot of the content authoring and formatting is done manually as well. Code highlighting via the Prism highlighter is one of those manual tasks that is just more painful than others, but I have made it a bit less painful by using a little tool that I wrote a while ago called the Prism Amigo:

I cleaned it up a bit and decided to share it with all of you in case you all find it useful as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Kirupa

1 Like

That is great work!

Anyone spot the bug? :bug: :cricket: :beetle:

:open_mouth:

Nooo!!! Where is the bug? :alien_v2:

Haha, to think any of us could trust Kirupa with a text editor ever again!

Edit: This is what we gave up when we stopped putting XHTML validator badges at the bottom of our websites.

Was there special sauce in those tags that did the validation? Or were they just pngs people threw up on their site?

Edit: Did some digging, looks like they were all just static graphics.

Hahahahah! That’s embarrassing. I’ll fix it shortly :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, we need the XHTML validator badges…along with the works best in Netscape badges as well.

Yeah, I didn’t mean to imply that they were early CI badges; just that people had a tendency to run their stuff through a validator every once and a while. But we have different forms of validation today, so I don’t mean to sound dismissive of current techniques. It’s just kinda funny where we’ve landed.