This posting is for Dave Collier AKA Digitalosophys

Dave, where must the files be located for this
tutorial, Rodney [email protected]

[size=4][color=#003366]Flash[/color][/size][font=Verdana][size=4][color=#003366] Forms and Database Integration
[/color][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][size=1][color=#666666]by Dave Collier AKA Digitalosophy[/color][/size][/size][/font]
[size=2]This tutorial will guide you through the steps of sending information into a Microsoft Access Database using a Flash form and ASP as a server side script. You will also learn some basic and very useful ASP syntax. The example I will be using was created in Flash MX 2004. This will also work for Flash MX, and Flash 5. [/size]

[size=2]Steps:

1. Create the database
  2. Create the Flash form and send our variables to our ASP page
  3. Retreive variables form flash and insert the information into our database[/size]

[size=2]Creating the Database
I’m not going to go into great detail about creating a database in Microsoft Access, but I will walk you through it.[/size]
[list=1]
[]<LI style=“FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial” type=i>[size=2]Create a new database by going to File > New and save it in your _root directory for now. We will later move the database outside your _root folder for security purposes.
[/size]
[
][size=2]Create a table in design view and save it with the name contacts[/size]
[/list]