Tongue tied

I have a problem. First a little background. I am contracting for a company (Great West Health-care) for the past 8 months or so. My cube is on the top floor of the main of three buildings. I just recently got out of a 5 year unhealthy relationship and have been trying to recover from it around 6 of those 8 months I have been here.

Anyhow, there is a certified dime piece that works on the 9th floor (I’m on the 10th) of the building I work in. I see her from time to time passing on the elevator. Last week I was on my way down to go to a meeting in another building and she got on and we rode to the bottom, by ourselves, in awkward silence. I was pissed at myself for not even saying hi to the poor girl.

Then yesterday I was getting off on the bottom floor in the morning and she was waiting to go up, we made eye contact and she blushed and smiled at me. Now today I swear I want to kick my own *** like Jim Carey in Liar Liar because once again she and I rode solo down 9 floors in the elevator without a word spoken. I could feel that she was waiting for me to say something but I have no idea how to even start a conversation!

My last relationship was a very unhealthy one… and I guess in a way you could say I lost my mojo. I am afraid that 1) I’ll embarrass myself (which hasn’t been as bad as of late) or 2) I will creep out the poor girl with the fact that I am a super nerd…

Help me… :upset: