99 %

Hi,

I completed my flash site, but now i found out i have a little problem.

I always tested my .swf within Flash MX 2004, and everything worked perfectly.

But now i inserted the .swf in my .html file and now my loadbar just stops at 99% ???

What have i done wrong, cuz i never had a problem… ;(

After the preloader, did you give the command to play the starting frame?
By the way what’s the website?

Yup after I its loaded it says gotoAndPlay(3), which is correct…

The website isn’t online yet, cuz of this problem…

That’s strange if its just stopping at 99%. Is it possible that I can see the code?

you probably forgot an equal or greater than sign somewhere.

This is the code on the first frame:

stop();

//------------------
bytes_loaded = Math.round(this.getBytesLoaded());
bytes_total = Math.round(this.getBytesTotal());
getPercent = bytes_loaded/bytes_total;
this.loadBar._width = getPercent*199;
this.MC_Open_Bottom.percentage = Math.round(getPercent*100)+"%";
if (bytes_loaded == bytes_total) {
	this.gotoAndPlay("start");
}

The strange thing is that if i play it in Flash or in the Player it works. But in the HTML file it stops at 99%

Silly me :

my first line says “stop();”, i removed it and it works…

Still think it’s strange, cuz i say “gotoAndPlay(“start”);” … (there is a frame with a label ‘start’.)

Yeah usually that stop action wouldn’t matter. well, at least you go it fixed. So when can we see the site? By the way, my site is up, www.aroundaway.com. I’m open to any comments or suggestions. Thanks

Not Bad Daroun, did you do your 3d with Swift? You might try some light textures and lighting effects, as it doesn’t have alot of charicter to the graphics right now. the clean grey is nice, but the tech look I think your shooting for needs something more. the details and small stuff are the key, so tiny dynamic text, or subtle moving background images can add a lot.

Also, if you want more critiques, you should post your site in the Kool Sites string.

–Isis

Daroun, that site looks very nice !!!

My site will be up within a few days, I’ll post it in the ‘Kool Sites’ section. But it isn’t that big of a deal, it certenly doesn’t look as nice as yours… But hey, I’m just starting off with Flash !! :ne:

Thanks a lot! Yes, I did use Swift3D for the 3D effects. The reason I didn’t go all out with lighting and stuff is because of issues I was having with MX2004/Swift3D(weird glitches) and file size. I qppreciate the compliments and suggestions and how do I post my site on that list?

here you go…btw its not a list

http://kirupaforum.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=55

Thanks, I have made my post!

well, as you can read by my post, you should go back to the drawing board. good luck!