Turning an object

I want to create a effect where there is an object. And when the user clicks and drags around the object will turn. I don’t want the object to move its position but just to turn from a fixed point.

Heres a file you can work from.

Please help me with this effect.

*Originally posted by dreamer *
**i want an object to spin when the user clicks and drags around the page not using a knob. **

You mean something like this ?

umm no… What i want is when a user clicks and drags around ANYWHERE on the i want a symbol to move with it. Also I don’t want it to flip like the one you send.

thanks.

that still doesn’t make much sense.

So you want a symbol to be dragged? And rotate when being dragged? Where’s this rotating comign from?

Originally posted by senocular
**that still doesn’t make much sense.

So you want a symbol to be dragged? And rotate when being dragged? Where’s this rotating comign from?**

Ditto. :sleep:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Lets say you have a turning object. Its spinning around and it doesn’t move from a set point.

I want to make the exact same thing however, instead of just spinning around in a loop i want it to follow the direct of the mouse, BUT only when the user clicks and drags.

The object must be a symbol which i can update.

So you want it to be a movie on your site thats spinning in place and you want it to continue spinning while the user clicks and drags it?

very close…

I want a movie thats spins ONLY when the user clicks and drags it? Not just spin it must spin in the direction of the mouse.

but if you’re dragging it, its ON the mouse, so there is no relative position of it in respect to the mouse. There is no ‘in the direction of the mouse’ because its always in the same spot.

**very close…

I want a movie thats spins ONLY when the user clicks and drags it? Not just spin it must spin in the direction of the mouse. **

Isn’t that what my FLA does ? And what about when the user clicks, but doesn’t drag ?

yeah its right but whats with the arrow? i want a sybmol to be moveing. also you have to click on the arrow. i want the user to click anywhere on the screen…
thanks alot for taking so much time to slove this problem! you guys are great!

also you have to click on the arrow.

No you don’t :sigh:

**i want a sybmol to be moveing. **

Dude, now what is it, turning or moving !?

I think its moving and turning… maybe something like this?

http://www.umbc.edu/interactive/fla/constantFollow.swf
http://www.umbc.edu/interactive/fla/constantFollow.fla

HAHAHAHAH… thats what i wanted! thanks… HOWEVER, you know when you put your mouse on the tip of the arrow it starts fliping

can you fix that>

also you c how it follows the mouse? I want it only to follow when the user clicks down and holds it.