Tutorial: Creating Falling Snow in HTML/JS

Hi everyone,
This is the happening place to discuss all things related to the Creating Falling Snow in HTML/JS tutorial.

Cheers,
Kirupa :te:

[QUOTE=kirupa;2628970]Setting the overflow to hidden should do the trick, but you also have a clip property as well. I need to play with both and see which does what we need.

I will add a blurb about how to do this at the bottom of the article where I discuss the modifications one can make, for that would be a common question! :P[/QUOTE]
Hi Kirupa,
are you still maybe planning of adding something about how to contain the snow inside of a div with specific size? I’ve created a div (with background image) on the page, and played around with the original code for several days now, but the best I can get is only a couple of snow flakes every now and then becoming visible inside the div and moving agonizingly slow, no matter how I change the number and/or speed of the snow flakes. ;(
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=Nightwing308;2662964]Hi Kirupa,
are you still maybe planning of adding something about how to contain the snow inside of a div with specific size? I’ve created a div (with background image) on the page, and played around with the original code for several days now, but the best I can get is only a couple of snow flakes every now and then becoming visible inside the div and moving agonizingly slow, no matter how I change the number and/or speed of the snow flakes. ;(
Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to do that yet!

Do you have an example of your version? I can try to take a look at it and see what can be done.

I took a quick look and came up with this: https://gist.github.com/krilnon/337a6a3442651ca2c371/revisions

It’s incomplete, but it’ll slightly constrain the flakes to the ‘#content’ div. It doesn’t look like there’s good support for many of the various clip CSS properties (some are mostly unimplemented, and plain clip is apparently on its way out), so I didn’t want to mess with that.

[QUOTE=kirupa;2662969]Unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to do that yet!

Do you have an example of your version? I can try to take a look at it and see what can be done.[/QUOTE]
Well, not really because I got aggravated and deleted all the mutilated…uh, “modified” versions of the .js file.
The test page I have uploaded here http://www.nightwingsgraphics.com/Snowtest/snowtest.html
only has the number of snow flakes changed to 150. Everything else is like it was in the original .js (I think) :frowning: