Tween - easeInOut

Couple of questions here. I am using the tween: easeInOut function to fade an object in in my news rotator as it cycles through the different RSS items. I can get the image fade in, but it doesn’t seem to want to fade out. I thought the easeInOut faded objects in AND out. Myabe I’m wrong. My code for that looks like this:

var imageIn:Tween = new Tween(ImageLoader, "alpha", Strong.easeInOut, 0, 1, .5, true);

My second question is, I can’t seem get to get the Text elements to respond to the tween at all. My code for them looks like this:

function timerHandler(e:TimerEvent):void 
    {
        removeChild(ImageLoader);
        xmlItem = newsInput.channel.item*;
        dstring = xmlItem.pubDate;
        ar = dstring.split(" ");
        parsedDate = ar[2]+" "+ar[1];
        NewsBox.organization.htmlText = xmlItem.organization;
        NewsBox.title.htmlText = "<b>"+xmlItem.title+"</b>";
        NewsBox.description.addEventListener(TextEvent.LINK, textFieldLinkHandler); 
        NewsBox.description.htmlText = "<b>"+parsedDate+" - </b>"+xmlItem.description.toString()+"<a href='event:"+xmlItem.link+"'><b>   More>> </b></a>";
        NewsBox.itemCount.htmlText = (i+1) + " of " + NumItems;
        var url:String = xmlItem.image;
        var urlRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);
        ImageLoader = new Loader();
        ImageLoader.load(urlRequest);
        var imageIn:Tween = new Tween(ImageLoader, "alpha", Strong.easeInOut, 0, 1, .5, true);
        addChild(ImageLoader);
        ImageLoader.x = 10;
        ImageLoader.y = 30;
        //trace(xmlItem);
        if (i < 3)
            {i++;}
        else {i=0;}
    }

The NewsBox.title and NewsBox.description are the objects that I would also like to tween the alpha to have them fade in and out in synch with the imageLoader object. When I try it them same way I did for the imageLoader, it doesn’t respond. Any ideas?

Thanks