University students... Past & Now

Where do you attend(have attended)/Major (main topic of study)
I’ll start…

University California of Santa Barbara [aka: UCSB]
– Major in Environmental Science
– Minor in Sociology

Also, here is a photo of my campus:

BU - SUNY Binghamton in NY

(SUNY = State University of New York)
-Major in Anthropology with a concentration in Archaeology

University of Glasgow, Scotland.
-MA Music and Computing Science. (currently failing)

some pics of the old bits and the new:

Middlesex University, Trent Park campus.
BSc Computer Science (2:1)

Place : Northern Sydney Institute Hornsby Campus (design centre)
studied : Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design
finished my three year course last year. :slight_smile:

MIT
Math with Computer Science, still haven’t graduated. That’s where Kirupa’s going next year.

the north sea…

i taught myself how to do this while working on a boat…

it’s true…

California Culinary Academy, San Francisco, CA

this photo as it was in 1912:

Rev

well… if I can ever get the money to go to one I’ll be going to Penn State University… Pennsylvania…

And I’ll be going for Computer Science, Programming and Architectural Drafting.

playamarz :player:

Oregon State University
BS Computer Science

ok, check out abzoids picture… you know those oval things? What are they? running tracks? horse tracks? Cause whenever I fly around the east coast, I see TONS of them. And they’re not always near schools, etc. I’ve seen some on what look like farms, etc. But it’s an astonishing number of them. If you look at the ovals in the picture, they’re bigger than the stadium - so they’re not track and field tracks… so what are they, horse tracks? You mean to tell me that there are so many freaking horse tracks?

Anyone know what they are?

ever heard of “football?”

seriously, they are football fields, running tracks, etc…

really… they are.

Rev

but here’s the thing, they’re too big to be a track… A track’s lenght is a quarter of a mile, and they wrap tightly around a football field. That stadium has a football field, and those two ovals are much bigger than the stadium. This whole thing is a mistery to me. Maybe abzoid has explored those parts of his campus and knows what they are…

not all tracks are the same size…

seriously, they are running tracks, with soccer/football fields in the middle…

In Oregon, they don’t follow rules very well…

Rev

Westwood College - AA in Graphic Design
The Art Institute of Orange County - BS in Web/Multimedia

Now thinking about majoring in game design. =)

Yes, I spent five years there. I know the campus well even though it was 20 years ago.

Rev is correct, they are football/soccer fields with running tracks around them. The green part of the football stadium field is 120 yards long. The running tracks are 400 meters around. Add up two straights at just over 110 meters and the two turns and you get 400 meters.

*Originally posted by lavaboy *but here’s the thing, they’re too big to be a track… A track’s lenght is a quarter of a mile, and they wrap tightly around a football field. That stadium has a football field, and those two ovals are much bigger than the stadium. This whole thing is a mistery to me. Maybe abzoid has explored those parts of his campus and knows what they are…