Unload movie stuff

I have five sections in this site I’m making. When the user goes to a new page, I want the current swf to unload and the new one to load only after a transition occurs. Is there a more efficient way to do this than if…else or switch()?

how is your transitions?You could have a Movie clip that loads the secionts…

and basically you’d have something like this…

MovieContainer.InnerMovieClipToLoadMovieInto.loadMovie(whatever.swf);

then at the _root level do your transitions, with the container clip hidden, and then load in the new movie in the same place as the other one. etc… keep reusing the same MC to load a movie …

Does this make sense? is there something i can see? =)

how is your transitions?You could have a Movie clip that loads the secionts…

and basically you’d have something like this…

MovieContainer.InnerMovieClipToLoadMovieInto.loadMovie(whatever.swf);

then at the _root level do your transitions, with the container clip hidden, and then load in the new movie in the same place as the other one. etc… keep reusing the same MC to load a movie …

Does this make sense? is there something i can see?

I see what you are saying but it won’t work… Sorry for not being clear enough with my explanation. I want to have a Barney’s-style background that scrolls to a different picture for each site section. I want to load the page after that transition takes place. The reason I don’t want to load my scroll my pages with the backgrounds(like in my footer)is because I want the background picture to be masked in to six sections. Also, sorry, I don’t have anything to show you :frowning: I’m trying to plan this site out in my head and on paper before I begin coding.