VB - IP and FLASH detect

Hi

I have an unusual situation that my client cannot see the streaming video flash we have built on their site, they have ActiveX turned on and it seems Flash installed on there PC’s but I think the router blocks ActiveX.

I want them to be able to see at least the replacement images - currently they just get the first frame. On all other machines and variants the flash script works fine - therefore I want to detect there IP adress ( which is static) and force them to see the image replacement.

I am trying to modify the Visual Basic which gets the flash version to return -1 if it’s detects the correct IP address of the client.

This is my script …

Function VBGetSwfVer(i)

on error resume next
Dim swControl, swVersion, strUserIpAddress

swVersion = 0
  
set swControl = CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." + CStr(i))

if (IsObject(swControl)) then
    swVersion = swControl.GetVariable("$version")
end if


'check ip address 
     
strUserIpAddress = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR")

If strUserIpAddress = "" Then
    strUserIpAddress = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")
End If

If strUserIpAddress = "##.##.##.##" Then 

  
    swVersion = -1
      
End if 


VBGetSwfVer = swVersion

End Function

I am a complete noob ;( when it comes to VB so I’m not sure why it’s not working but neither the HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR nor REMOTE_ADDR return any values?

I’ve tested by changing part of the script to

If strUserIpAddress = “” Then …

which works and you see the image replacement.

I’ve also seen IP detect scripts that use REMOTE_HOST - tried this as well and still returning no values.

Hope someone can help… :worried:

Thanks

Rich