Viewport / Different Browser Testing

I’m looking for a tool to help me test web pages and apps in various viewport sizes or phone/tablet sizes. Preferably with a selection of predefined sizes. What do some of you use? Any suggestions?

Chrome has a little phone icon on the left of the Developer Tools bar which triggers a mobile device test mode I use sometimes. It has presets for common phones/tablets. Other browsers might too, I just see it in Chrome most often.

A while back, I used a few different SaaS-type providers for this sort of thing, like BrowserStack or the similar-ish Adobe service. If you’re doing this for a relatively large company, sometimes they have funds for a mobile device test lab with a set of real-world hardware devices to test against.

Thanks, krilnon. I will have to check it out. I have actually been partial to using Firefox for debugging especially since I have noticed chrome becoming a resource hog (in regard to RAM usage). I see there are a few extensions for Firefox that may do the same thing but I will probably fiddle around with both over the holiday weekend.

I wish this was for work. I work for a giant healthcare company and I know they have the budget for testing tools… I just don’t work for that part of the IT organization. :unamused: