Volume control?

I have a volume control that has this script in it:\r\ronClipEvent (mouseMove) {\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp mypoint = new Object();\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp mypoint.y = this._y;\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp mypoint.x = this._x;\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp _root.groove.globalToLocal(mypoint);\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp _root.mysound.setVolume(-1mypoint.y);\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp updateAfterEvent(mouseMove);\r}\r\rbut the sound I want the control to look at is not being played by the main movie, it is in a movie clip. I’m very bad with understanding layers. Does anyone know what I would change the _root.mysound.setVolume(-1mypoint.y) command to to talk to the MC?

where you declare your sound object, just put the movie clip in the parentheses.\rexample:\r_root.mysound = new Sound (_root.mcMovie);\r\r:) \rjeremy

I’m able to get the sound to play, I’m just not able to get the volume to control it. So what I’m assuming is happening is that since the attachSound action is inside the movie that is where the volume movie clip needs to look. \r\rI tried what you suggested but I couldn’t even get that to play.

nervermind, I figured out what you were saying sorry I didn’t understand.