WarCraft III: Who's Played it?

Hey time,
Iā€™m not sure if you are big on Replays, but you can view some great WarCraft III replays from other players by downloading them at: http://www.battlereports.com/viewreports.php?gametype=w3 StarCraft had them and now Warcraft players can finally have the replay ability as well. Basically, you watch another multiplayer game except you can move the camera around and see how a player manages his/her resources, etc. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just checked that URL and most of the replays are screenshot only. Guess we may have to wait till better versions come outā€¦if it even is possible to have SC-like replays. <ā€”me confused

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

I donā€™t know for sure, but when you do play online there is still a save button. That might be a way to save a replay or you might have to do console work and type like savedemo or demorun or something, I donā€™t know.

I love W3 single right now, but Iā€™m very disappointed at how blizzard has nearly destroyed battle.net for Warcraft 3. Theyā€™ve made it 99% clan oriented. You can either join a custom game, like the simpsons or lurker wars from SC, or you can do ā€œPlay Gameā€. the play game seems like you have to already have a team set up and a different team to play or something, and it just doesnā€™t look like its as much fun as the old SC way of joining either melee, team melee, custom, or stuff like that. They should go back to the old tried and true b.net.

And if you think yall have cartoony graphics, try playing it on 640x480 (thats default and i was too stupid to change till after iā€™d played about 4 days) with my ā€œgraphics cardā€.

I bet they looked like little Lego blocks? Thatā€™s the first thing I changed when I got into the game was the resolution. I have yet to try Multiplayer cuz I canā€™t find anybody cool to play with hehe :ninja:

Personally Iā€™d rather have a good quality game, like blizzard always puts out, than a crappy game that comes out a year earlier. And the best site by far for the game is http://www.warcraftiii.net

WC III is great! I think a good combo of RPG and RTSā€¦ Just enough to keep both sides happy. So far I have been messing around with the single player version. Gonna go out and buy a few more copies for the next LAN party at casa de Niann. =)

Cheers!
-Niann

There seems to be a playable Hydralisk in the game: http://discuss.madonion.com/forum/showflat.pl?Board=gaminggeneral&Number=967949 I had no idea, guess I might have to try it out sometime later. I hope that pic is not a fake.

Cheers!
Kirupa

Never Played warcraft before and it looks really great, and I was thinking about buying it but I donā€™t have 60 bucks to spend, and really no time to play. Maybe once school startsā€¦Iā€™ll have more time to procrastinateā€¦:slight_smile:

Decided to bring this thread back up considering I just saw a GTA3 thread. So, does anyone still play W3. I still play almost everyday if I have timeā€¦which I donā€™t hehe.

Cheers!
Kirupa :evil:

I was playing it everyday (single player), but I got stuck on a mission that was kicking my tail. Then, I bought UT2003, and I havent played WCIII. Now that you mentioned it, I may have to play again. Hehehe

I liked the game but I didnā€™t like the cartoonish characters and the 90 unit limit. With that low limit you can 't build a very big army ond you never get a chance to use some of the bigger units. I hope if the make a SC2 they Donā€™t do the same thing they did to WC3. Good game but Iā€™m a little dissaponted.:smirk:

Just got UT2003 Today can wait to get home and install it.

Cheers!
-Niann

If you liked Starcraft, youll love WC3 :smirk:

(im guessing everyones played SC :))

When it comes down to it I think SC is still better than WC3. It just seems to play on a larger scale then WC3

I disagree with that =)

Alrhough im a big fan of SC, i LOVE WC3. I just got my copy this past weekend, and its awesome =)

I like the RPG feel to it =) and the editor ROCKS! Woo hoo! =)

Ya but when I think of WC I think epic RTS not a samll scale RPG with a 90 unit limit. How can you have a huge battle with 90 units. Buy the time you get your base set up you donā€™t have the unit space left to build your big units.

i played it, i loaned my freind Morrowind for it. He stole the W3 from me when i was supposed to get my game back. Now he has both:*( . so i gotta kill him or beat him to a pulp or something.

Warcraft is more of a game of strategy while starcraft wasnā€™t as much strategy. Warcraft has a more defined countering system with units doing 150% damage to some and 50% to others. You also only have the 90 food limit so that you use your microing SKILL and have units do certain stuff and cast spells and focus fire and stuff instead of just telling 400 zerglings to patrol into the enemies base. Also, you have creeps and heros which adds even more skill and fun. I always use bigger units when Iā€™m playing. at 40/70 food you have a low and high upkeep which causes you to gain 7/4 gold instead of the 10. This allows you to use 40 food early while you tech up and save some gold, then when you get to the higher units, you should have enough gold that high upkeep doesnā€™t affect you too much and you can get lots of casters and air or big melee units if youā€™d like.

I seriously doubt blizzard will be stupid enough (well they are making a console game now) to have the 90 food with starcraft. Starcraft was extremely fun and one of the main reasons was the massing of units to totally overwhelm your opponents. The only things I wish they would radically change other than like some units and graphics and all that stuff is letting you use raynor and kerrigan and heros in multiplayer and the countering type of system like in Warcraft so you have to change your tactics occaisionally to compensate for what the other guys doing. And have 5 races :). 3 is good, 4 is better, but 5 would be insane. Zerg, toss, terran, xelā€™naga, and maybe mutant kerrigan race or something.

the game rocks

kirupa if u need someone to play with, my name is SMURF24

whisper me or something on bnet
i own ā€¦hehe

5 races would be good but I donā€™t think you could use the xelā€™naga for the same reason blizzerd removed the demon race from WC3. It would be to hard to balance them with the other races. Although in the story line of SC the zerg did wipe out the xelā€™naga race mabye it would be possible.