Web Site

Hello,

A few months ago I heard that there might be a big tutorial on how to make a flash website in either flash 5 or MX, is this tutorial still set to happen? Or was the idea discarded?

Thanks

I think this is really going to happen after all. We have this huge project, as stated in a post called ‘to all the mods’ or something. I think it will eventually happen :-\

But if you have a question, no problemo.

pom :asian:

Hey Phreak!
The tutorial will happen. I’ve got the sample Flash site created, and I’m in the process of deconstructing it in a way that makes it easy for everyone to learn without being overwhelmed. The problem is that is just extremely time consuming. I have never encoutered a topic such as this with so many loose strings that must be explained to the viewer. It’s all good, and in the end, I hope to make it something unique.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

Thanks for the reply Kirupa,

By the way could you upload the site to the internet so we can see it?

Thanks Again.

aight, let me tie the loose ends of the SWF up and I’ll put it up for you all to see :slight_smile: Right now it only works on my HD. I’ll change the URLs to work online.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

Thanks Alot!

Is the site almost up :slight_smile:

Sorry I’m impatient.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Relax buddy - Kirupa is still a high school student and he doesn’t get paid to do this. :stuck_out_tongue: In the mean time, might I suggest giving the tutorials he does have up a whirl: Kirupa’s Tutorials. There may not be one tutorial on completing an entire site, but you’ll find that after doing a few of the [URL=http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/basic.asp]basic [URL=http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/basic.asp]tutorials you’ll be able to create a full-flash site in no time.

Yeah, Ren is right, all the basics on creating a full site can be found in bits and pieces throughout the site. What I am working on will cover all the aspects of creating a site on your own :slight_smile: Just give some time lol. You will see it soon.

Cheers!
Kirupa :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey everyone,
Here is the example Flash site that you will work on in the full tutorial on “Creating a Full Flash Site”. It’s not quite finished…no preloader, etc. But, it will work well on your hard drive. The ZIP file is attached to this post :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Kirupa :ninja:

The other last SWF file (extract it to the same place as all the ones from above).

Nice ! I’m looking forward to reading that tute !

pom :asian:

Thanks! I can’t wait to read the tutorial also LOL. I hope to have it finished by Friday :cyclops:

Cheers!
Kirupa :ninja:

Is the tutorial up yet?

I talked to kirupa a lil bit ago and he said he is almost done so I would expect it to be release within a week!

Hey Phreak,
I know you are going to hate me for this, but no, it is still under development. I had to modify the files, etc. to make it easier to explain :frowning: It will be up “…when it is done”.

I hope to have it done ASAP.

Cheers!
Kirupa :-\