What ever happened to Dale aka: Glosrfc ?

What ever happened to Dale aka: Glosrfc ?
https://www.kirupa.com/interviews/d_glosrfc.htm

Anyone know? Still out on the ice?

2 Likes

That is a great question! I don’t know. I just sent him an e-mail :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In the words of Dr Nick, “Hi, everybody!”

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, but it was a close run thing as I’ve actually spent the last few years recovering from an emergency liver transplant. Basically I had some kind of autoimmune problem which meant that, in the space of a couple of weeks, my body devoured my own liver and the doctors gave me 3-4 days at most.

Luckily a world-leading professor of liver surgery had me transferred to his hospital and, remarkably, a suitable donor organ became available that day. The moment I arrived I was wheeled straight into the operating theatre and the new liver was dropped into place.

There have been a couple of setbacks with my recovery, not least of which was dropping down to 42kg in weight (that’s about 95lbs for you folks over the water), but the good news is that the replacement liver is working fine. According to the docs, if I keep taking the immunosuppressant drugs and stick to the modified diet they’ve given me (no chocolate!!), it should keep ticking along for a few more years yet.

On the plus side, it’s literally given me a different outlook on life so, apart from celebrating two birthdays each year now, I’ve decided to finally get some proper qualifications in this new-fangled thing called computing. So I’m starting a degree course in forensic computing and cyber security later this year. The bad news is that it means I’ll become a more frequent visitor to the site again…you have been warned :wink:

6 Likes

Your endeveours never cease to amaze. It’s rare to see Mark Twain and Dr. Nick Riviera quoted in such proximity. I’m glad to hear your survived.

Glad to see you back! I vaguely recall having had a specific question for you several years ago, but now I have no clue what it was. Hope your course goes well and you start forensing the cybers with great acuity.

Glos - great to hear from you, and I’m really happy to see that you are recovering from your health issues. To echo what everyone else has said, get better soon! The internets are less interesting with you away from it :slight_smile:

Hi glosrfc!

I too remember there was a specific question for you, i think i may have been a part of that conversation but i can’t quite remember what is was about… Sounds like we just created your first case :smile:

Sorry for not responding for 5 months after asking this question. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Good to hear you are doing well @glosrfc all considering, wow quite a story of events. Sorry to hear of that but happy to know you made it through it and are doing better. I hope this finds you well and doing good 5 months down the road.