Whats your Opinion? _blank window vs. _parent

Thanks very much for your kind words. Somehow, I missed one of your posts above where you originally asked about that search engine, which is for metagopher and it’s on my Techno page at the bottom. I can’t remember where I found that, but help yourself to the code, which is only about four lines. These days, I usually go with Google. I think they offer some promo intermittantly so that you can add their toolbar to your page, possibly something like metagopher does.

I could just paste it here for you now, but I don’t know if that’s permitted here, or not.

So, I gather what you’re saying is that if you post an ad for say, Carter’s Little Liver Pills, then you get $1.50 anytime somebody clicks on it from your site?

Also, you can see the javascript for opening a new window (and keeping your frames intact in the original window) on the same page in the ‘head’ section with the rest of the code for the Monster job site. I snipped that from somewhere, can’t remember now, maybe from one of my books.

Thanks too for bringing up the “murkiness” of my site. I heard that from someone else today too, so I appreciate your feedback there. I’ve been turning up the brightness on all the links from grey to white, so I hope that helps some. Unfortuntely, with GIFs being the way they are, it’s not that easy to change background colors because the GIFs are anti-aliased in conjunction with a specific background color, in my case black. I’ve added some low-contrast background images to most of the pages now for atmosphere, so that probably adds to the murkiness problem, at least on some monitors.

For text, Flash isn’t really the ideal situation in all cases, and I have very limited knowledge of CSS, which seems to be the way to go for the most typographically pleasing presentation. Your pages look very nice in that regard.

Anyway. I find all of his fascinating and I hope we are not straying too far off topic.

:cool:
sp