Work with a series of *.swf files........!

Hi out there to everyone

I’m trying out this for some time but its not working well, what i’ve is a series of *swf files (13 to be precise) each of size more or less 180 KB.I want them to be displayed in one continous flash movie.each file has *.png images as graphics and sound too.do i need to convert all the files into diff movie clips and call one another in one main movie clip or can i load them individually writing a little bit of code.help me out…

skm0911

hiya skm0911…

• use the “load movie” action (basic actions in your user panel)…

• load them all into the same level (e.g:Level 1)

• and have all the movies in the same folder…

k…
b…

Thanks for the advice, ginger flash, but i forgot to tell that i need to load each movie one at time, i mean one after the other, unlike all at the same time.can i still do that using the load movie action into the same level…?
skm0911

yes…

e.g:

main timeline
movie 1 - frame 1

movie 2 - frame 10

movie 3 - frame 20

all the waY ON TILL 13 [UNLUCKY 4 SUM]…

or…

have…

butts (lol)

so the user can manuly load movies…

look at my site[footer = click]: the music movie loads in after the main interface has loaded…

k…
b…

Actualy i tried to do that way, by keeping all the movie files(after making them as movie clips) in one layer one after the other, but as each movie file is of size more than 150 KB,(i’m working on Win’98 with 48 MB ram) my system doesn’t respond after playing some files…

so i tried to work the other way, by calling load movie action and unload movie action at the end and the beginning of *.swf file, again each at diff layer.my problem is i’m unable to get a smooth transition from one movie to other, as i see a empty frame between each movie

How can i overcome it, or IS there a better way to do the whole process…
Come on flashonauts help me out…!
skm0911

if you want a smooth transition you’ll have to use different levels. you can only load one movie into a level, loading another will replace the movie and there will be a pause while it loads.

perhaps load them all sequentially into different layers, right at the beginning. ie mc1 will load, then mc2, then mc3 … but they’ll load as soon as previous one has finished loading, rather than once the previous one has finished playing. that way, they’re ready to go when you need them. you could do that with an if (_framesloaded){load next movie;} at the beginning of each clip.

maybe start with level30 and count down. when a mc has finished playing have it trigger the next one to start and unload itself, thus preserving your memory, and seen as the next movie’s sitting in the layer below, you won’t have any blank frames.

incidentally, ram’s really cheap right now, treat yourself.

Thanks for the help suprabeener, i’m wortking on it…

skm0911

Supra,

can u explain the steps more clearly, i feel confused as where to start…
what i’m doing is that,loading each *swf file in different layers,each one at the end of the other in top down approach,but how can i unload the movie once it finishes.
waiting for ur answer

skm0911

in the last frame of the movie:

unloadMovie(this);

thanks for the solution
as the *swf files size is big, once i load two r three into to the main Movie file, the system doesn’t respond nad hangs!
i think having all the swf files in one folder and calling each them one after the other should be fine…
than making them either as movie clips r calling them directly…

skm0911