I’ve tried to make an XML parser class using ASBroadcaster, that would act as a listener, and then have methods like getNode(n), which when called, would return the value of that node as a string to the dispatcher/caller.
This doesn’t really work all that well, since I’m unsure of how to adress the dispatcher/caller in an economic way.
Do I have to supply the caller object as an argument when broadcasting from it, then do another broadcast for setNode inside the XMLParser.getNode method, supplying it as an argument again, and then check with an if statement in the setNode of the caller, whether it is the right one or not. Seems a bit over the top.
How do you guys do it?
I’d want XMLParser to be a centralised class, that all other objects would refer to via some listener or get/set thing, instead of having an instance of it in each of the objects that would use it.