Xray look?

Does anyone know how to go about making an xray image all in photoshop? Or has anyone seen a tutorial? I found images online but they are not nearly as big as I need them. 8 1/2 by 11 300dpi! So we are talking immense. Any help greatly appreciated.

bump…need help…man down

i might have something, but im at work and dont have anything in front of me, is this something that could possibly wait till tonight? Again the effect I have “may” work…

^guess that was pretty ambiguous…lol

yeah I can wait…since I am having troubles with it I have no choice. thanks man.

Have you tried searching for a really really big picture of a plain skeleton and just applying some x-ray type effects to it? You could just give it a black background and change the skeleton color. Then you could make a vector outline of the body around it and fill it in.
Don’t know if that’s what your lookin for, but it’s all I can come up with at the moment.

yes. It is the xray type effect I am having problems with.

if anyone has a solution to this i’d be glad to know first…
thing is since an xray shows bones & flesh and skin you need all three components, blend them to one tone of colors (dark blue/white) and then work with transparencies I guess…

I am close kinda…Still working with it. If I get it Ill post it. I know I will not be able to make a tut since I have already forgot most of what I have done to get this far.

hmm i know back in the day wehn i used fw4 there ws this set of filters called eye candy? they had a good xray effect there. try to get it, its from like alien something its really good and prob cheap now. if its not eye candy (which i think it is) its their other set.

I think it’s called Alien Skin…

I’ve heard about it somewhere…

here you go, this is an x-ray effect within PS without the need for 3rd party filters.

1 - convert pic to greyscale

2 - invert pic
(ctrl+I, or go to image/adjustments/invert)

now you have a x-ray effect!

hope this helps…

jain

Thx I tried it and it was just not convincing enough. Trying to get it photo realistic yet 100% PS…But thanks anway.

if it weren’t for the 100% photoshop, i figured out how you can get the x-ray effect. the only problem is you get it on photopaper… so it’s a “real” picture…
heres an example of what you can do, post if you’re interested.
when i scan it in, the example will be at the site below.
www.barbdwyer.com/pictures/xray.jpg

hmm, seems to have looked better on the photo paper… oh well…

yeah but the thing is you need pictures of bones + skin to be able to make an x-ray. don’t how else you can

I used a 3D Studio Max skeleton model, some organs I found laying around (te he he), and muscles.

It’s not perfect yet (the leg and arm muscles have to be moved into place) and maybe adjust saturation and hue a bit. Oh, and he needs an esophagus…LOL

If you think you can finish it let me know I’ll tell you where to download to .psd.

Hope you have a broadband connection…IT’S 10MB!!!:stunned:

:edit:
On second thought, I could just post the skeleton and tell you where I give the link to the muscles I found…???..Either way…

did you do te whole ting in 3ds? I actually only need the ankle area but I am curious as to how you did it. lemme know where I can cgeck out the psd. :slight_smile:

…I was going to suggest modeling a skeleton… :-\

3d-iva,

No just the skeleton was done in 3ds…The rest was “pieced together” and done in PhotoShop…

Xray .psd …:thumb:…

just found this link. they have a tut for the xray look your looking for.

http://www.aovs02.dsl.pipex.com/index2.htm

thanks man…I’ll post my results in a few days…thanks peoples