You Guys ROCK! Thanks to Everyone, and a Question

I am now able to do the text scroll thing pretty well. I just wanted to day thanks to everyone for your help and after Ive worked with this for awhile Im sure I will want to move on to bigger things. NOW my question is what is the programing launguage associated with flash? Is it C? Im not sure what it is exactly and what can i get to help me learn the language so I won’t have to keep looking at tutorals to know what to put where.

Thanks again for EVERYONE’s help, you guys Rock the Party that Rocks the Body!!

Etan

Hi, Glad to hear the script is working. “Flash Programming” is actually accomplished with what known as “Action Script”. It’s based on Java Script but is a language onto itself. Jump on Amazon (use the link on Kirupa so he gets the few pennies for the sale, assuming you buy) & do a search for Flash & or Action Script & you’ll find plenty.
Take care

91 your the man, if i can ever do you a favor or help you out in any way you let me know man.

no problem @ all. I’m just learning to so I feel you pain.
Post all your questions right here & they will surely be answered.

Take care buddy

DON’T BUY ANY BOOKS!!!

Tais toi, jubba (the hut)!!

…wich makes me wonder, where the heck is pom?

i reckon pom’s got himself a job as an airline pilot! he’s probably jetted off to another exotic destination :wink: hola pom!

Pom’s around somewhere. He’s been bothering me ever since he returned…

he’s like the scarlet pimpernel… I bet I spelt that wrong!
also jubs aren’t you ment to be in class?

Hey, I’m there. Where did you want me to go ?

Actually, books can be very useful, because sometimes they show you how to do things you know how to do, but differently.
That Flash Math creativity thing is just amazing for that. Jubby, I don’t know if you have it, but if you do, check the David Hirmes elastic section. It’s just too good.

pom 0]

Oh I have it. I have pretty much read thru every section already. I can’t run the Flower scripts, they cause my computer to stop responding, but thats cuz this comp is a piece of @#%$. But yeah I have looked thru them. That book is amazing! I love it.

ok pom talking about elasticity! you may have seen this before but I love it anyway www.randommedia.co.uk/
checkout the party pics on the right… man I

ok pom talking about elasticity! you may have seen this before but I love it anyway www.randommedia.co.uk/
checkout the party pics on the right… man I love that effect, please write us a tut on that…:slight_smile: