_parent. help!

hi, im a bit confused with the ._parent function…i sort of know how to use it, yet i dont. the thing is…[color=#4f5044]in the AS dictionary it says:

[/color]

[indent][font=verdana, arial, helvetica][size=1][color=#4f5044]quote:[/color][/size][/font]

Example
In the following example, the movie clip desk is a child of the movie clip classroom. When the following script executes inside the movie clip desk, the playhead will jump to Frame 10 in the Timeline of the movie clip classroom.

_parent.gotoAndStop(10);

[/indent]

well in my case, the external swf is a child of my main MC right?
so when i put the AS code “_parent.gotoAndPlay(2);” into my external (child) MC, it should go on and play the second frame in my mainMC, the parent…right? but it does the opposite, it plays frame 2 in the child…have got this all wrong?

[color=#4f5044]the code on my preloader in the external swf i think i have done it right so that it _parent.gotoAndplay(2)…well here is the code:

[/color][indent]

onClipEvent (load) 

{	
total = _parent.getBytesTotal();
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) 
{	
loaded = _parent.getBytesLoaded();	
percent = int(loaded/total*100);	
text = percent+"%";	
gotoAndStop(percent);	
if (loaded == total) 
{		
_parent.gotoAndPlay(2); 
}
}

[/indent][font=verdana, arial, helvetica][size=2][color=#4f5044]

the button code is:

[/color][/size][/font][indent][font=verdana, arial, helvetica][size=1][color=#4f5044]

[/color][/size][/font]

on(release)
{ 
loadMovie("pic.swf", _parent.container);
}

[/indent][font=verdana, arial, helvetica][size=2]

[color=#4f5044]the website is @ : [/color][color=#4f5044]http://www.medisan.remikstudios.com/[/color]

COMMENTS ON THE SITE WOULD BE NICE TOO…CRITIQUES :)[/size][/font]