2 questions

two questions

1. can the size of a flash movie be resized based on the users screen size. example: a movie that is 800x400 works great on a 19" monitor with typical rez, but on a 15" with 800x600 rez the movie fills the screen.

2. i made a simple site for a film-in-production. Within the site, a second swf loads and displays the storyline as text over time on top of images. On mac’s, the text displays correctly, but on PC’s, the text is cut off. to view the site. goto www.invisible7.com and select the DAKOTA link at the bottom of the initial page.

thanx for any help you can give

*Originally posted by invisible7 *
**two questions

1. can the size of a flash movie be resized based on the users screen size. example: a movie that is 800x400 works great on a 19" monitor with typical rez, but on a 15" with 800x600 rez the movie fills the screen.

First, I assume you are saying that 1024x768 is typical… It is not… over 60 % of Internet users still use 800x600… Also, the size of the monitor has nothing whatsoever to do with the screen resolution. If you want to design a site for the whole world to see, then I suggest a maximum of 750x450, then put in a single cell table, centered both vertically, and horiz…

About the 2nd question, I’m not sure, but someone will answer it for you shortly…

Rev:elderly:

1. If it is a dynamic textbox, the textbox actually has to be bigger than the text area otherwise it gets cut off, its weird.

the text has actually been converted to a graphic so that it can be faded in and out, so it’s not dynamic text.

the text has actually been converted to a graphic so that it can be faded in and out, so it’s not dynamic text.

echo! :slight_smile:
But inside your graphic symbol you still have the textbox so check if that’s dynamic or not…
Also mess with “single line”, “multyline” and “multyline, no wrap” check if it starts working. These things are so buggy!