3d logo tutorial. yes or no?

Hey , ive been asked by a few people on how i created my last avatar, which was a 3d version of my old logo.

Vote yes or no to a tutorial … which will cover importing illustrator files into maya… using bevel plus to achieve the 3d elements. and maybe some simple texturing and lighting (the tutorial will be too long if i get too much into these ) …

so vote yes or no…

thanks…

…soulty…:smirk:

why the fugg not :stuck_out_tongue:

10000… hey thats not fair. lol… let the public vote… :sigh:

:stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by eilsoe *
**why the fugg not :stuck_out_tongue: **

*Originally posted by …::Soulty::… *
** 10000… hey thats not fair. lol… let the public vote…:sure:

lmao :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, I would quite like to see a tute though… I’m only just starting Maya and it would be good to have some tutes :slight_smile:

u’r no fun soulty :frowning:

sorry dude, i want to actually know how many people are intrested. so i know my time is not wasted. hope you understand…

:wink:

this would be cool, if you write one, could you aim it at a complete beginner (assume we know nothing)? I haven’t really found any good beginner Maya tutorials out there yet. I’ve watched a few of the Videos from 3Dbuzz, but I didn’t really like their teaching style

yeah its a basic method so i will try to aim it to the beginner, although its kinda hard because the tutorial will be huge if i go into too much detail on how to do each step… so maybe a happy medium…

Do you have windows XP? I’d like to see that, can you do it in Windows Media Encoder? It’s easy to follow video tutorials with examples and telling what to do. And it doesn’t involve copying and pasting many screenshots. : D The program’s free…

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

get this book its a very good book and it will guide you through all the UI of maya as well as animating and understanding how to use the appt trust me its for a complete begginer

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1894893344/wwwboris3dde-20

and soulty baby im waiting for some tutes brother im getting into maya little by little its a slow process since this appt is so overwhelming :thumb:

*Originally posted by Yeldarb *
**this would be cool, if you write one, could you aim it at a complete beginner (assume we know nothing)? I haven’t really found any good beginner Maya tutorials out there yet. I’ve watched a few of the Videos from 3Dbuzz, but I didn’t really like their teaching style **

Why the foogles not?! :smiley:

Nah… the old classic soulty logo, emblem with embossed S with metallic outers!