3ds max install help

Well, when I try to open 3dsmax.exe I keep getting “Error: loading cdilla dll !!” after I click Ok I get this new error, "The software licensing system was unable to select a license. [Error 5]

If anyone ever had this error before and knows how to help pls help !

thx,

the cdilla is a hidden file in C: (in most cases)
This kind of thing usually happens if u reinstall/switch/ OSes or something
Reinstall should fix that

Yeah CDilla is the licensing program that 3dsm uses (i think Maya does too), a lot of Adware and Spyware programs will pick it up because sends data back to the licensing DB’s.

I didn’t realy get what you mean… like reinstall what ? my OSes ? or if it’s 3dsm i’ve never been able to install it… well for what i’ve heard I moved the folder into the C drive… but still doesn’t work… :frowning:

Yeah CDilla is the licensing program that 3dsm uses (i think Maya does too), a lot of Adware and Spyware programs will pick it up because sends data back to the licensing DB’s.

I have Ad-Ware 6.0 though haven’t used it since I tried installing 3dsm… so should I try uninstall it while I install 3dsm ?

yeah that happened to me once, i ran spybot and killed cdilla and then 3dsm wouldnt work anymore.

Adaware wont hurt cdilla. You can solve your problem by reinstalling 3d studio max, but thats about the only way.

Is this a new install of max? have u recently installed firewall software that disables Cdilla? have u checked to make sure you’ve got a folder c:/C_DILLA it will be hidden (as Syko mentioned) so make sure you have your explorer configured to show hidden folders. Note that just copying the cdilla folder will not work. you will need to reinstall 3dsmax.

answers to these Q will help.

I have McAfee firewall, adaware 6, and Spybot S&D and have never had a problem. Which version of 3ds max are you using? I have 6, and they may have fixed cdilla and licencing issues in this build.

when you mess witht he cdilla sometimes you may have to call discreet to get it right. I think a txt file is produced and hidden somewhere.

If you are running Windows XP you may have to get a patch to run the cDilla licensing processes properly. I think this patch was released standard with 3D max 6 (not sure on that), but I know max 5 definitely needs it to run on XP.

Well I don’t have the C:\C_dilla folder, (it’s not hidden neither) and no matter how much time I try to install 3dsm it doesn’t work… (it’s 3dsm 5)

thx,

$3,000+ on a software, discreet should be your first call. Their support is pretty good. or call Autodesk