Admin/Mod abilities

Can mods and admins use html in their posts?

:whistle:

<b>no</b>

<b>no</b>

:nat:

hehe, alright thanks :wink:

//offtopic
[move]test[/move]

Yay for relevancy. I wish we had like a test forum or something.

Hmmm… <marquee direction=“right”>test<br>

i should delete this

Of course they can - it just exists in this cool non-standard form.  I mean I've just kinda made an IFRAME.  

:lol:

No - mods and admin cannot use HTML in regular posts. Everyone can use HTML in their signatures though :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that! Since when?! Awesome :smiley:

Are some tags disabled? (Like <?PHP and <?= ?)

A lot of tags that could be used to mess with the forum layout or mess with the forums on the whole are disabled :slight_smile: You can use those tags by pressing the PHP tag button or the Code button.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: they should all be there :wink:

:smiley:

:huh:
Any way to do this without the GUI posting features enabled?

What cool HTML stuff you do want to use, you can use the BBCodes for that :slight_smile:

About doing that with GUI features enabled, I have no idea. What type of editor are you currently in? For best results, you should try the WYSIWYG Full Editor.

[QUOTE=kirupa]A lot of tags that could be used to mess with the forum layout or mess with the forums on the whole are disabled :)QUOTE]

Aww :frowning: :sure:

Well, I’m experimenting with what cool stuff I can do with my signature. I want to display the user who’s browsing’s userName in my footer, which I did a little research and found out that the variable is $bbuserinfo[username], so I changed my footer to a PHP page that returns a swf header so that it still displays my footer, but I still can’t get the username to pass to the php page so I can send it to the swf.

IE, what I want to do is www.domain.com/footer.php?userName=<?= $bbuserinfo[username] ?> in the swf tag in my signature, but I can’t seem to get it to work. It just displays “<?= $bbuserinfo[username] ?>” rather than the parsed out version of that variable.

I just switched to the WYSIWYG editor, but I don’t see that option you were talking about, all I found was the

PHP Tags

:wink:

Thanks for the help btw :slight_smile:

Oh - I meant the PHP Code area like you have in your previous post. There is no real way to use your posts to execute PHP scripts. You may try using such code in your signature, but like you found out, that doesn’t work well either :slight_smile: