Almost suicidal over movie clips in buttons

I’m at the end of my rope over this: how the hell do you make movie clips that are embedded in buttons return to the first frame on roll-overs or roll-outs. I’ve had limited success with this - check out www.wmode.com. As you can see it works if you move your mouse slowly, but if you move too fast, the menus “stick”. I’ve seen it work on other sites but I’m not sure how. I’ve tried tell-target, invisible buttons - no luck so far. It’s very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
Tell Target will make it work. I’m not sure how you set it up, but basically this is what you do when using Tell Target for the rollovers.

on (rollOver) {
tellTarget ("/movie") {
gotoAndPlay (“over”);
}
}
on (rollOut) {
tellTarget ("/movie") {
gotoAndPlay (“out”);
}
}

Make sure that you have two options for the Tell Target. One to make the movie go back to it’s previous state when the user rolls the mouse off of, and another to go to the mouse over state.

What you have done, is rely on the user’s browser/flash player to simply go back to the previous state by Default when the user moves the mouse away. That will not work, because that is primarily done by “chance”. You have to specify Flash to not show the menu when the user’s mouse is not on top of the menu.

Try that. That should help, and if you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reply back.

Regards,
Kirupa Chinnathambi
[email protected]