Analog clock

Pom, your tutorial is also up :slight_smile:

I appreciate the 'pom 0] ā€™ at the end of it !
pom :smiley:

No problem! I thought it looked pretty cool. So Iā€™ve decided thatā€™s what I will do on user submitted tutorials. Instead of having my little footer and ā€˜yadda yadda message boardā€™ text, Iā€™ll use the actual text and/or footer from your forum posts. It would just make it even more obvious that I didnā€™t create the tutorial, someone else did :slight_smile:

Hey Kirupa,
I love your new animation in the first page of this site. It looks really good. It took me 2 days to understand that those round things were buttons thoughā€¦ And hard to press too.

pom 0]

LOL pom :slight_smile: You arenā€™t supposed to really press them. They just play a small sound when you hover over them. I guess I could have a scam online game site that promotes itself by having the text ā€œPush the buttton and win $20ā€ :slight_smile:

Here is the source code for the main animation in case anyone is interested: www.kirupa.com/temp/newbanner.fla (Save this file to your hard drive and then open it!)

very funny kirupa

That surely is nice fla. The simplicity is striking.

pom 0]

Thanks pom! That animation is like a place where I experiment. In the next iteration of that animation, Iā€™m planning on using the Duplicate movie clip function to load the movie clip in random X and Y locations instead of this one movie clip being copied and pasted several times.

Iā€™m hoping to create a animation that iteracts with the userā€™s mouse pointer. Right now, any change in one little circle will occur on each movie clip because of the copy and pasting I did. With duplicateMovie, I will be able to avoid that because each instance of the movie clip will have its own unique ā€˜identifierā€™. Once Flash 6 rolls up, Iā€™ll defintely make a tutorial on how to create this effect and ALL the other effects found on this site :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Kirupa

Call me picky, but thereā€™s one small dot appearing in the center of the movie. I donā€™t know whyā€¦

pom 0]

I donā€™t really notice a small black dot? Where exactly are you seeing this. Iā€™ve been going insane trying to find it :slight_smile:

Actually, thereā€™s a green dot appearing not outside the screen but inside. It oges right, and then comes back, but not left enoughā€¦

pom 0]