Any GIS users out there?

Yep ArcIMS is already talking to GIS, it’s basically GIS on the web instead of just GIS on your monitor or GIS going to your printer. So really what i’m talking about is ArcIMS --> Flash

I guess if ArcIMS is GIS on the web then there must already exist the ArcIMS --> html connection (I’m an html moron) so I just have to figure out how to get the ArcIMS --> html --> Flash

And actually it’s funny Sen that you mentioned Google. I’m always telling people to google stuff but then I forget to do it myself! :stuck_out_tongue:

So I found a couple of leads but it will take some time to digest to them. For example this looks like a good start: http://taurus24.com/flashims_tutorial/

@CG - I saw a really bad example today of Flash integrated with ArcIMS. The guy did a horrible job of placing menus, making things visually linked (simple things like a button color change so you know which button you just pressed), it had no legend, and half the things didn’t work. I’m not sure if it is a work in progress but I know I can do much better if I can figure out how to make flash talk to ArcIMS.

:hr:

Go home Sen! :love: